[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Road Safety Laws
 Login

Road Safety Laws

Old Posts, read-only

Moderator: Letter3

• Author
Road Safety Laws

Postby Letter3 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 am

Reading up on the history of road safety and speed limits here: and here:

Don't be too harsh because it's a Cracked & Wiki article, they bring up some good points.

and I found this paragraph interesting.

By the way, even worse than speed limits are speed bumps, the irritating, jarring humps they put in parking lots and such, intended to physically force drivers to slow down and make their CD players skip. Not only do those things not prevent accidents, but they keep ambulances from getting to emergencies, which is exactly the sort of thing you don't want happening when years of bacon sundaes and cookie-dough sandwiches finally catch up with you.

The above link references a study in Boulder, Colorado that found speed bumps kill as many as 85 people for every one life they save. Holy shit! We think landmines have a better ratio.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Re: Road Safety Laws

Postby Pump Jockey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 am

I don't think that speed bumps are the cause of deaths and I don't think that they really save too many lives. I think they just keep honest people honest. I've seen ambulances go over those things, as long as it's not a big bump they slow down maybe 2 mph.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Bodknocks » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Letter3 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:13 pm

This is serious, people are dying. We have two speed bumps at C-beech and I think we should get them removed.

A petition should be created.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Spectre » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:51 pm

lol, i can get rid of these speed bumps with some night ops lol
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Pump Jockey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Bodknocks you do bring up a good point. I didn't think of it in that sense, obviously. But ya if you can get your hands on a truck with a plow those speed bumps would be gone in a minute.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Return to Archive