[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Minecraft
 Login

Minecraft

The Minecraft Server - Jump in -> Metaluna.co

Moderators: Letter3, Bodknocks

• Author
Minecraft

Postby Bodknocks » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:40 pm

http://minecraft.net/

Minecraft has been sucking most of my time away from me. I still play TF2 but only competitively, I've almost dropped LoL altogether for this game if that says anything. If you guys still haven't checked this game out, DO SO. I think some of you who like these sort of open-ended sandbox games like The Sims (cough letter3 cough) would REALLY enjoy this game.

I am addicted, I can't stop playing and it's only in Alpha. It costs about $14 to buy it right now (cheaper since it's still in alpha) and there is a big update coming out on Halloween that should release multiplayer. Multiplayer works right now but is extremely buggy. Anyway I was hoping to get some of you hooked on this game so we can maybe host a dedicated server on Egg eventually. :3

There's really no good way to explain this game, basically you are a person in this gigantic, randomly generated world and you pretty much just walk around and do whatever you want to do. Build a house, build a castle, mine for ore, fight monsters, , -- the possibilities are endless!

To give you a good idea of just how ridiculously huge and endless the Minecraft worlds really are, here is a cool music video:

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Re: Minecraft

Postby Letter3 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby rekon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:43 am

^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Letter3 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 pm

So, I think more AD should join Bodknocks, DeadDisco and I in the server.

I added 2 videos to the Media site (they should appear on front page at the bottom for recently added) they are quite amazing.

Minecraft is only ~$14 right now which is a good deal since it's still in Alpha. Even if you don't have the time to spare right now, it's a good price.

So to give you an idea of how big this world is...

1 square block is a meter cubed. The Minecraft world is ~8x the size of Earth. Rumor has it that you might not actually be able to explore all of it since it would be too many of your computer resources.

The entire known map that we have explored probably isn't even the size of Rhode Island and we've been playing for over a month.

That's why we need you to get in there and help explore, build and create!

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Bodknocks » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 am

I feel like the more we play, the more new territories we will explore, and with biomes in the game now we can find deserts and jungles and frozen wastelands and stuff like that. It's so exhilarating, like discovering a new country. I can't wait until minecarts work in multiplayer (or when horses or dragons or whatever get added to the game) so we can travel long distances quickly. It's going to be epic.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Letter3 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Bodknocks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:25 am

LOL! I take it that email directed at you?

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Uh oh, somebody's in big trouble!
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Lol, no it's not me silly gooses. I run a VPN at work so they can't see me.

J/K

Actually I just found this on Reddit last night. I don't play MC at work.

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

That's prolly good, or you'd get less than nothing done.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Next

Return to Metaluna