[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Thinking about getting a new GFX card
 Login

Thinking about getting a new GFX card

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
Thinking about getting a new GFX card

Postby rekon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:21 pm

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/vi ... =3&id=3072

This thing looks like a beast and has staying power. If it comes out this week, I'm buying it.
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Re: Thinking about getting a new GFX card

Postby Pump Jockey » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Don't you already have a gtx 280 or 295? What are you going to do with that?
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:13 pm

ATI? Yeah, I'd say get that shit while it's hot. Yeah, I went there.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Psychopomp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah that card is unreal, its almost unfair to everyone else that it even exists already.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Letter3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 pm

That card has some balls, but I think I want the 5850 because it's still better than most any nVidia setup and it's a lot cheaper. I just hope it works alright with my mobo's nVidia Northbridge.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby rekon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 am

I want the 5970 because it's the only real upgrade from the 280. The 5850 and 5870 are good cards, but not really worth an upgrade from a GTX 280.

I'm probably going to get the Black Edition. Unlimited overclock potential!!!

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Spectre » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

can i haz ur gtx 280 plz
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Letter3 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby rekon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 pm

No, I'm selling the 280, since it's still worth at least $250. They're impossible to find since they don't make them anymore, and if you want to SLI, you can't with the 285s.

My trade-up was gone a long time ago. I bought this card like 2 years ago. But, since I'm going with ATI and don't really know these manufacturers, I'm going to stick with XFX. They have a double lifetime warranty for the first and second owners. It increases the resale value exponentially. Also, XFX has the Black Edition, so I'll be able to overclock the speed to that of a 5870.

If you didn't know, the 5970 is underclocked down to the speed of a single 5850, the 5870 can outperform the 5970 on games that don't take advantage of Crossfire. So, in order to make up this difference, I'll increase the core clocks of both gpus. I'm excited! I'll probably buy it the first week of December and sell my 280 on ebay.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Spectre » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:34 pm

>:(
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Next

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater