[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - LOL
 Login

LOL

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
LOL

Postby mmreinha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 am

League of Legends. It's just in beta right now, but I watched a friend of mine play for a couple games and it's very similar to Dota. Has anyone on here tried it? I would, but they don't have a port for MAC and I'm still building my gaming PC.
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Re: LOL

Postby rekon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 pm

So, how Jewish is this (I have about 7,500 IP):

Champions will be available at several different Influence Point (IP) amounts:

* Heroic Champions: 450 IP
* Epic Champions: 1,350 IP
* Legendary Champions: 3,150 IP or 6,300 IP

Teemo - Legendary
Morgana - Legendary
Twitch - Legendary
Heimerdinger - Legendary
Warwick - Legendary
Corki - Legendary

OH...I ALMOST FORGOT
Ashe - Heroic

FTL.
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Bodknocks » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:39 am

Yeah but there are only like 3 or 4 heroic ones, most are epic or legendary. Gangplank was the 3k legendary. :3

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Psychopomp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 pm

ok i guess i don't understand how to earn gold in LOL. If someone can tell me that would be great.

How is it that magnum steele is only like 500 gold shy of me.

lol1.jpg
lol1.jpg (47.45 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
lol2.jpg
lol2.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
lol3.jpg
lol3.jpg (29.96 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Bodknocks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 am

Could be a lot of things:

First Blood - an extra 400 gold, I believe
Minions - different minions give different amounts of gold, he could have farmed more siege minions than you (they give the most gold other than super minions)
Creeps - Forest monsters give more gold, he could have done a lot of them
Dragon/Baron - Doing dragon regularly gives your whole team a lot of extra gold
Runes/Masteries - You can have up to 3 avarice quints (each are 1 gold per 10, I believe) and you can spec "Greed" in your utility tree, which is pretty common
Items - It doesn't look like he had any gold per second items but if you hold onto those long enough, you can sell them back and they pay for themselves and you can even MAKE money off of them
Killing streaks - Once you get 3 kills without dying you are on a "Killing Steak" that rewards bonus gold upon death. The bounty can go up to an extra 1,000 gold on top of what you normally get for getting a kill. By looking at your match I'd say it's likely that the enemy blitzcrank ended two or three really huge streaks, while you were only killing enemies that weren't on any streaks at all. As a result, he got lots of money for his few kills while you got normal money for your many kills.

And he did kill 6 more minions than you did. Generally speaking minions = money. If you look at that chart the amount of minions killed lines up exactly with how much gold everyone got. This is why practicing last hitting and being able to farm well early is so crucial to the game. Yes, you get money from kills but you can't always rely on that. You get very little from assists and in the long run minions can give you a lot more than kills, unless you get a LOT of kills.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Psychopomp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Ah I see, and yeah I thought about the ending killing sprees after I posted and that would make a difference.

Thanks for the info, now I can make a better attempt at getting more gold.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby rekon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Did you hear?

Pump Jockey downloaded this game yesterday. OMGOMGOMG LETS PLAY
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Psychopomp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 pm

he did!! sweet, unfortunately I will only be able to play for 2 hour increments because someone has yet to get me windows 7 and my beta version is expiring... :(

But we should definitely play!

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby mr. hungry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 pm

How do i obtain this lol game? I have been playin on letter3's account but kinda want my own now sooo how do i go about this?
Hi mr. hungry may i call you so?
mr. hungry
Infected

Postby Bodknocks » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:48 pm

I got you right here:

Use that link so I get a referral. :D

It's 100% free, you don't have to spend money on anything except skins which are purely cosmetic additions.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Next

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater