[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Farcry 2 coming in October
 Login

Farcry 2 coming in October

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
Re: Farcry 2 coming in October

Postby Psychopomp » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Yes very GTA4ish, which i didn't even think about until you said it. But yeah the gameplay definitely has that feel to it. You can also buy weapons (limit one per weapon type, but you can buy storage crates to keep others in), but I also like that used weapons jam and the dirtier it is the less likely to work.

And speaking of fixing vehicles, I just off in the middle of no where working under the hood of my jeep and then I hear the sound of another vehicle getting closer, before I had a chance to even turn around IT HIT ME!!!, and bam I'm dead, game over. Those people give you no warning. So don't get hit by a vehicle, it hurts.

I do like the map, its nice that you can basically go anywhere anytime.

However, I don't like how the enemies respawn even if you just went through a place a second ago. I feel like I've killed the same people too many times.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Letter3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm

Do you mean at the intersection depots? Like when it counts that you have searched 2 of 51 depots. And then you come back and there they are again. That is weird.

That is awesome that you got hit, lol. I have too. I actually drove a Jeep like my dad's in the game, a little too new for Africa, huh?

I love working on my car in the game, though. I also like waiting for a passing car to drive by and then lighting them on fire with the flame thrower. (Very GTAish).

I also like the whole visual and movement change after running such as getting fatigue.

The whole game so far is very enjoyable and I can't wait to have more time to play again.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Psychopomp » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 am

Yeah the intersection Depots

The best thing just happened, I killed a zebra with my jeep!!
It was awesome

Oh and grenades are your friend

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Pump Jockey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:53 pm

I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I loaded it up and got through the introduction but want to wait till i have more time to play it. The graphics are amazing and from what you guys describe sounds like gta series. I'll prolly play Saturday from 12-12.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby shannizzle » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 pm

I like how you've already scheduled a 12 hour block for that...very nice :lol:
shannizzle
Barnacle

Postby Pump Jockey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 pm

lol, Is it just me or does it take a long time to do missions? I played for like an hour and a half and got 2 missions done. It takes so god damn long to get to where you need to go because of those god damn people at the intersection posts. They hop in their little jeeps and shot the hell out of your engine. So you have to climb on the turret and kill them and hope you're far enough away from the post so more people don't come and then you have to fix the engine with a couple turns of a wrench and hop back in and do it all again about 3 km down the road. I love the game and the graphics and the style it just takes so god damn long to get across the map. I'ma have to figure out the bus schedule on the game.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Psychopomp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah I know, thats the worst part about it, it takes forever to get anywhere, plus the vehicles should be faster and I swear enemies vehicles are, they always catch up to me even though they had to get into their jeep. And I think once you kill people they should stay dead, there can't be that many people in africa! By the way, the buses only help sometimes because there are only like 4 stops so you often still have to drive a long way.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Letter3 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:21 am

Yeah, the bus stops are in the 4 corners and the middle.

I find the water to be quicker sometimes.

Also, it said that the enemies will lay down arms to you if you have a "bad ass" reputation. Perhaps (hopefully) it was referring to the guard posts. That would make the game run a lot faster.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Spectre » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 am

This game is on me christmas list!
Santa better deliver.
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Bodknocks » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:55 pm

I've been working on making custom multiplayer maps over Turkey break. The one I'm currently working on is pretty good, I think. You bitches need to get this game so we can play it!

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

PreviousNext

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater