[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Farcry 2 coming in October
 Login

Farcry 2 coming in October

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
Farcry 2 coming in October

Postby Letter3 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 pm

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Re: Farcry 2 coming in October

Postby Pump Jockey » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:53 pm

I just pre-ordered it and I can't wait. I have to beat the first one now. Do you know if they hinge on each other or if they're stand alone?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :evil:
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Letter3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:28 pm

not sure, never played the first one

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:17 am

I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Here is a launch party for Farcry 2. It will prolly be console, but they are still looking into it.

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby mmreinha » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:21 pm

I hope my video card can handle medium setting on this. I'm so stoked about it. I just started playing FryCry because of Seth and now I'm hooked. I think the coolest feature mentioned on Steam about this game is the unscripted AI. So when they hear me coming they will throw down their weapons and run! It's going to be SWEET! :lol:
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Postby Bodknocks » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:35 pm

I saw a level creation demonstration the other day, it looked incredible.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 pm

So it's finally out. Anyone played it yet?
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Ok, first off, the graphics are amazing. I can barely run it on Ultra High (the highest setting) which I get about 15fps, I turned it down to Very High just to get more frames about 30 something. I have not ran any tests, yet, these are estimates from about an hour of playing.

I would like Doege's opinion on this, but the game it reminds me of the most is GTA4. Not Crysis, not Farcry, not any other game. It is just like a First Person GTA. The quick tutorial in the begining to introduce you to the gameplay elements and storyline, then it says: "Find and Kill the Jackal". You have to make friends, get safehouses, increase your friends, use your cell-phone, upgrade weapons, Drive an endless supply of vehicles (Of which you can fix! Best feature ever!). Do whatever is necessary to complete one objective and become the hero for the underbelly of "Africa" ie Liberty City.

You are placed in a big map and can do missions in different orders or just drive around from town to town. You have to collect "Diamonds" ie: shoot pigeons ie find hidden packages.

I could go on, but I don't want to ruin story mode.

Overall it is awesome and I love the adaptation of two great games: Farcry and GTA4. And you get a flamethrower right from the start. What could be better?!

It is not as hard as Farcry (thank god for that) and it does not come with the third person annoyances of GTA (great!).

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Bodknocks » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:37 pm

I got pissed at Farcry last night and went ahead and started the second one. I have to agree, I was thinking "FPS GTA in the savanna" when I was playing it. The story is kind of silly at times but the dialogue is good and the missions make more sense as the game goes on. I'm only an hour or so into the game but it gets good fast and looks brilliant. I'm playing with the graphics on Very High and it looks fantastic. I'll probably go back and beat the first Farcry before I play some more (I finally got past another tough spot before work today) but now I'm even more excited to play the so-called "sequel".

I also noticed from watching Seth play the beginning and from playing it myself that the game changes a little depending on which character you select at the beginning. I picked the guy from Algeria, and I started with a rocket launcher instead of a flamethrower and I met two different buddies after the first mission.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Next

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater