[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Half-life: Black Mesa Source
 Login

Half-life: Black Mesa Source

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
Half-life: Black Mesa Source

Postby DeadDisco » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 pm

An official Black Mesa trailer! It's looking pretty awesome. Maybe this might actually come out some time in the next decade. At least it's not dead.

It's worth it to click on it and watch the vid full screen.
DeadDisco
Pit Worm

Re: Half-life: Black Mesa Source

Postby Bodknocks » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm

I was just about to make a post about this.

The problem with all the awesome mods like this is that they never actually get finished. I have a feeling two years from now one of us is going to say, "Hey, whatever happened to that sweet Black Mesa mod?" For now though it looks all sorts of amazing and I can hardly believe this is the source engine they're using. Graphically it looks far superior to the Half Life 2 games. I sincerely hope Valve just buys this group up and sells this shit, because at least then it will get finished and it will be totally worth buying.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby DeadDisco » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:18 pm

It already has been in the works for years. They seem to have a pretty good team working on it. Though, yes, if they are anything like valve, you could probably add 1/2 year to a year to any projection.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
DeadDisco
Pit Worm

Postby Letter3 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm

I was a fan of the Metastasis Mod which was only partial when I first played it back in 06. I guess they have finally finished the whole first chapter.

Here is more

It is influenced by System Shock and Marathon. I have played neither, but I like the mod anyway.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Spectre » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 pm

both games look mighty sweet! we can only hope that valve buys them, and/or they are actually get finished.
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby mr. hungry » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:05 pm

For years i have been waiting to see a new chapter or at least improvement on the game Half-life which everyone that noes me noes that half-life is in my opinion the greatest game ever made...period and i will argue anyone on that. this mod looks real good, time is always an issue with these modifications on older games but i trust it will be amazing as most half-life mods are. :D
Hi mr. hungry may i call you so?
mr. hungry
Infected

Postby rekon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:30 am

This isn't exactly a mod. It's a remake. It's taking the entire storyline and putting it into the source engine with special effects added.
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater