[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - CS GO
 Login

CS GO

Video game topics including Yahtzee Reviews

Moderator: Psychopomp

• Author
CS GO

Postby Letter3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Thought this was a good read; I didn't realize Valve was doing this. I am so out of the loop

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... new-cs-go/

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Re: CS GO

Postby Bodknocks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby rekon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 pm

This game saddens me. Counterstrike was good because it was counterstrike. This game is making it into Halo/Modern Warfare 2/any other port to PC game. It was ok when valve put achieves and shit like that in CS:S. But, this game is trying to take the best things that made counterstrike great and turn them into something more arcade like. It doesn't feel like a game of skill, now it just feels like an arcade knockoff.

With that said, I will most likely play it. ><
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Letter3 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 am

I don't know, it doesn't seem that different other than the UI. Not sure if the gameplay is really going to be that changed. Obviously some map changes and new weapons will change it somewhat, but health, movement and other key mechanics appear to be unchanged.

I will likely play it as well.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Bodknocks » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:51 pm

They are also trying hard to appeal to the competitive community and are going to work at bringing some features from 1.6 that CSS lacked (shooting through certain boxes, smoke grenades). They're also trying to balance the weapons so that you aren't forced to buy M4/AK every round.

Stuff like molotovs and noise grenades though... I don't know, seems weird. Does feel like an arcade or Modern Warfare type of deal. Also the guns look really funny, I like CSS's models better. I'll still buy this game and play it though.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 pm

I'll definitely be playing this as well. I'll reserve judgement until the beta, but from what I can tell it looks like a combo of 1.6 and source. I'm sure the guns will look better in the end too.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby rekon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Speaking of CS and the infamous M4, has anyone seen the shirt of the day on woot?

"Kitchen Warfare" Awesome.
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Return to Playtime Pizza Theater