[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - religion by state
 Login

religion by state

General Public Topics

Moderators: Bodknocks, DeadDisco

• Author
religion by state

Postby Letter3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 am

Well I see that I was consistent.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Re: religion by state

Postby Bodknocks » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 am

That's a cool chart. I also like that Utah and Nevada are major exceptions to the obvious trends pointed out by it. This is good stuff.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Letter3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah, well, look at those states. Mormons and Gamblers/Tourists

Just saying, it probably has something to do with it

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Scavengeriot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 pm

I like the chart mostly because it proves my point religious people tend to make decisions and believe things only based on their religion where as non religious people base decisions and knowledge off of facts. It is my opinion and no offense to anybody, but I think religious people are a bunch of idiots wasting their life, time, and knowledge capacities on something they have no idea if it even exists or not. I personally have no faith in anything that isn't proven or I think can be easily be made into existence.
Hates Mondays since 1990 till the day I die.

Scavengeriot
Pit Worm

Postby Letter3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Then see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=174

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 pm

That thread gets better every time I see it.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby amber » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 pm

I don't understand why non-religious people feel the need to proselytize more than people with religious beliefs.

I pretty much try to avoid religious arguments and discussion, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and belief, if someone genuinely wants me to share my feelings with them on a personal level, then that is great, but other than that, it is a waste of time.

The only thing that chart proves is that if you throw a bunch of statistics around, people will think there is a correlation. You could just as easily replace "Religiousness" with "Race." And if you go to the source for "IQ Scores," those numbers aren't an actual "average IQ" -- those numbers are an estimated average IQ based on a lot of other information, some seem relevent, e.g. proficiency, but a lot don't seem like they directly correlate to IQ, e.g. teacher salary, school revenue, class size. There is even a disclaimer before the information, "But keep in mind that this data should not be taken too seriously. IQ testing has been widely criticized as being too generalized, and NOT a valid assessment of anything too important." Also, the source doesn't look like it's really that trustworthy. Why use statistics like this when it would make sense to use figures on literacy rate instead?
amber
Headcrab Zombie

Postby Scavengeriot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Hates Mondays since 1990 till the day I die.

Scavengeriot
Pit Worm

Postby Psychopomp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

I personally believe that some people don't have maps... oh wait.

I am with scavengeriot on this one. I don't have any problems with people having their own faith and I personally don't believe in it but I do have a problem with the people who push their views on others which tends to be what religion does. I've gone to church and they wanted everyone to go out and bring more people in, which I really don't like. If you want to do it go ahead but there are too many viewpoints to call one correct.

But I did find it interesting how the states with less religiousness tended to have lower crime and murder rates.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Psychopomp
Demoman

Postby Letter3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:54 am

I like the above conversations and it's what I intended. Just to talk about it without being forceful because it is a really touchy subject. I enjoy hearing about different religions and feel that everyone is entitled and should be allowed to practice any religion they wish as long as they don't have to kill people to do it.

BTW: I feel the same way about stats. They can be made to look good for any argument. Just pick your sample from a select group of data.

Letter3
The G-Man

Next

Return to The Model Home