[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - It's ALIVE!
 Login

It's ALIVE!

General Public Topics

Moderators: Bodknocks, DeadDisco

• Author
It's ALIVE!

Postby mmreinha » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Finally after months of searching and a small sum of money I come across a completely free computer already built from our Friends at Dell that can play the games I want! It's not much, but 40 fps in TF2 on Med setting is good enough for me. I still am troubleshooting L4D. For some reason I can hear the music perfectly, but no picture. Any ideas? I've tried in a window and dxlevel 80. Oh well I played a game of TF2 and it's so much fun and different since the last time I signed in. I can't wait to earn all the new achievements and items! Woot it's like Christmas in September~
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Re: It's ALIVE!

Postby Letter3 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Glad to hear that you finally got a computer working. Yes, tf2 changes almost weekly so I'm sure it seems a lot different. Let us know when you get your first hat!

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Spectre » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Congrats! TF2 is always fun.
Has anyone got a hat? (besides the halo thing)
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Congrats on the new machine. I think you should just make sure all the latest drivers and windows updates are on your computer and see if that fixes L4D. I always find issues like that are caused by drivers.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Re: It's ALIVE! FS: Extras

Postby mmreinha » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:21 pm

So it turns out my Nvidia Geforce 4200 TI can't handle L4D. It doesn't have enough memory and a bunch of other goodies. It also maxes out with dxlevel 80. So it looks like I'm getting an ATI Radeon Pro 9800 256MB. It' only $40 and can definitely play L4D. Oh well. I"m selling my extra case and hd to pay for it. Anybody want? 500GB SATA = $20- and MidTower = $15-

The case has slight scratches and two pci slots opened up.
The HD was put into the case, but the mobo never booted up.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Postby Letter3 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Ah, that kinda makes sense; i had the same issue with Bioshock, which lead to my new graphics card. Good luck!

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby mmreinha » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:36 pm

My new baby -

Cost $35 and should bump my up my FPS over the old Geforce 4200 ti. Also I'm counting on being able to run L4D. AGP ftw!
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Return to The Model Home