[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Need help picking out a LCD HDTV please help
 Login
  • Author
Need help picking out a LCD HDTV please help

Postby Seth M Kontny » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Looking to spend 600 at the maximum
looking to purchase from costco.com or sams club for the warranty..

I am thinking the 32 inch is the size to go with

tell me what you think. Any advice would be helpful
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Re: Need help picking out a LCD HDTV please help

Postby Spectre » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 pm

ask seth "living-room-entertainment-guy" bird
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Letter3 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm

It's kind of hit or miss; there are a lot of brands that are not mainstream that are actually very good and have great warranties. You will just need to review websites. From what I can gather, the brands that seems to be rated highest at the size of 32" are Sony, Samsung and Panasonic. I have a 22" Samsung and have liked it so far. I have a 42" Toshiba that I also like :). Regardless, I would go with 1080P because at that size, the price difference isn't much. And you will notice the difference with your PS3.

Good Luck with your decision.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Pump Jockey » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:54 pm

My girlfriend bought a Sylvannia 32" from Sears and it has worked pretty well. The cost was like $730 though. It would put you about $130 over but when purchasing something like this you gotta think about quality and cost the whole way. I'm sure there are a lot of good t.v.s out there for under $600 but if I were to spend under $600 I would probably be looking at something like a 27".
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 pm

i need your help between these

ok first of is the http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/deta ... A450C1DXZA

Now costco and sams club have special models built for them by sony and samsung, so each model has a little better specs and looks a little different sold at costco or sams club.

or

http://www.vizio.com/productDetails.asp ... 0&pid=1506

vizio is a american company, however they are new and the pictures are not close to the black levels and such as samsung or sony, they also dont have a long life spand. However they are a 100 cheaper in an size compared to samsung and sony with better pictures and all.

or

http://www.vizio.com/productDetails.asp ... 0&pid=1506

vizio is a american company, however they are new and the pictures are not close to the black levels and such as samsung or sony, they also dont have a long life spand. However they are a 100 cheaper in an size compared to samsung and sony with better pictures and all.

or

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... pCatg=5883

now this sony model is amazing, it cost 50 more then the samsung, however cost 1049 on sonys canada website, not in the us due to special reasons only costco and sams club can sell it.

please help i have put alot of research into all this and i am having a hard time deciding on what i want to do. No mater what i buy, its through costco or sams, so its a great warranty if there is a problem its basically completly replaced just by taking to the store.

remember the samsung and sony models are only made for costco and sams club, however they are a little better then best buy or circuit city carriers, they usually have more hdmi ports and pip also pc ports and extra stuff, its pretty cool..

anyways guys help me out ASAP
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Letter3 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 am

All of those models only have 2 hdmi ports; the Toshiba Regza models have 3 (my model) but here is the 32" version:

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions ... l=32cv510u

I don't know all of the stores that sell them, but I got mine from HH Gregg with an in home 3 year warranty.
They have really good response times with games with a feature they call CineSpeed.

The regular Toshiba with CineSpeed and only two ports is a little cheaper:
http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions ... l=32av502u

I was a little disappointed to see that all of them are 1080i, but I guess that makes the difference in price.

Over the ones you picked, I like the Sony the most, but I went to their website to get a better look. The Vizio is good too, but I wonder about the quality of the picture during games. I see that as a TV marketed for lower-income families and perhaps not made for the latest game systems like the PS3. Whereas the Bravia series is made for that exact market. The technology built in such as the Bravia engine and ACE are designed for high movement and high contrasting games and movies.

The Vizio only talks about how cool it looks in your living room and it has a good viewing angle. Om, well that's nice if your only watching the soaps. Nothing about the technology in it that can handle the demand a game system will give it.

My recommendation stands with the Bravia or the Regza. Samsung can pull down some great looking pictures, especially in their smaller sizes; but I worry about the quality in their larger sizes, because they make no mention of building in great hardware or software that can take the demand. Their website is a little bleak to say the least.

Good Luck.

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Seth M Kontny » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:27 am

yes i like the sony also however it is 50 more then the samsun and 150 more then the vizio. It does have 3 hdmi.

as for the samsung i have heard speaker issues and i am worried i just dont know. I want to take a shot with the vizio for the price but i am unsure. the price of the sony might be worth it but for that price i can buy a 37 inch vizio
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 am

You need external speakers. Audio is just as important as video.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:49 am

Agreed; get external audio.

You get what you pay for quality vs. price. In the end, it is up to you; we have weighed the options.

Be sure of the number of hdmi ports; companies seem to really restrict the number of these, even though everything is using them. I could actually use a 4th one, but only have 3. I haven't found any TVs with 4.

Good Luck, once again.

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:16 pm

I agree with Seth that 1080p is better quality, but I think you actually have to do a side-by-side comparison in order to discern the quality between 1080p and 1080i. So, don't worry about that option as much as the audio and the number and type of ports on the back.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Next

Return to The Model Home