[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - ?
 Login

?

General Public Topics

Moderators: Bodknocks, DeadDisco

• Author
?

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 pm

i want a ps3 errr.

what do you guys think?
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Re: ?

Postby Letter3 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 pm

I like my PS3, but I haven't played mine in a while because I have been playing PC games. Overall I like the format better and it does pretty much everything a 360 does and just a little better. Such as the free online game play, no subscription necessary. The have also added achievements now which has many game developers releasing updates to their games to support them.

I would recommend one that is backwards compatible, because not all of them are. Mine is an 80GB and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 pm

yea i cant figure it out sony is discounting some and not others. the new 160 gb is not suppose to be backward compat.

Example at toysrus.com the 40gb is the same price as the 80gb both new i dont get it.

i do think sony is going to cut out the backwards compat in all models. thats what rumors are implying
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

yea i am debating on buying new for 399 plus tax. no payments for 90 days bill me later

or buying a used one with 2 controllers and bluetooth remote, and a cooling system for the ps3. with purchase paperwork. bought in 2/24/2008 so its still under warranty 375 $

both models are 80 gb.

tell me what you think
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Spectre » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:42 pm

which ever one you get, make sure its backward compatible.
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Letter3 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:45 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3

Wiki has a nice chart about options, if you haven't already looked at it; Mine is the CECHE01

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:45 pm

well sonys website says some 80gb models have backwards compat and the older 80gb dont have backwards compat.

toys r us ps3 check it out i cant tell
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Spectre » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 pm

you might have to go to toyrus and see what model numbers they have. see what batch of ps3's the have. usually ones in the same batch have the exact same hardware and software. at least thats how companys used to do it.
After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby Seth M Kontny » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:51 pm

yea, the only reason i am possibly buying from toysrus is because of the no payments for 90 days
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Postby Seth M Kontny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm

i can buy a new 80gb ps3 without backwards compat. for 424 including tax. and i could buy it and not have to pay it off for 3 months. 1 warranty

or i could buy a used 80gb with backwards compat. with purchase paperwork, bought in 2/24/08. comes with a intercooler and 2 controllers and a bluetooth remote this for 350 4 months left on warranty
i need help deciding
Seth M Kontny
Combine Soldier

Next

Return to The Model Home