[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Comcast rules?!?!?
 Login

Comcast rules?!?!?

General Public Topics

Moderators: Bodknocks, DeadDisco

• Author
Re: Comcast rules?!?!?

Postby Letter3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am

Fios = Fiber Optics

AT&T & Verizon are the big providers, but there are many others

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Bodknocks » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Oh yeah, from what I can remember from Telecom classes fiber optics are the way to go. Way better than the electrical wiring stuff we're on now by an order of magnitude. I'd leave Comcast in a heartbeat for better ping and upload/download rates.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Postby Letter3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeah the only current problem is that the main switches/routers and most anywhere there are connections are still copper. They do not have good fiber connectors, so the light transmissions must be converted to electrical and sometimes back again a couple of times.

Once they get this figured out and most of the infrastructure gets upgraded, then yes, it will be amazing.

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Spectre » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 am

After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby mmreinha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Both Comcast and AT&T have bottle necked our internet. With Comcast I was lucky to get 1mbps and AT&T 2mbps. I don't know what's going on. Also my ping is usually 700, wtf! I'm assuming this is because of wireless, but come on man. We're paying for 6mbps! Totally ruined some gaming nights, even on servers in Chicago.
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Postby Letter3 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Congrats Comcast; you win!

final_four.jpg
final_four.jpg (521.71 KiB) Viewed 8860 times

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/congratu ... erica.html

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Scavengeriot » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 am

i dont care what people say I think comcast rules i love their product and customer service apple or hp should have smashed down that bracket
Hates Mondays since 1990 till the day I die.

Scavengeriot
Pit Worm

Postby mr. hungry » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:48 pm

this is coming from a fortwaynen00b where comcast is everywhere and is competing with verizon so they are constantly trying to out do the other...therefore your service is probably pretty swell
nobear.jpg
nobear.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 8854 times
Hi mr. hungry may i call you so?
mr. hungry
Infected

Postby Scavengeriot » Wed May 19, 2010 12:03 am

Ok so I called Comcast on this and this is what they told me.

The ratings are based on customer satisfaction with each of the companies in each state. The rep that I got couldn't understand why Comcast got rated as low as they did and even told me that Indiana was one of the least satisfied and lowest rated states.

This very much confused me because I was still happy with the service he provided me and it wasn't even for me (I was at a customers house setting up a new pc and his internet didn't work he had a new fancy modem that did his tv, phone, and internet it just needed physically reset with the button and not a power cycle)

Later on when I got back home I called Verizon FIOS to get a fricken battery backup they installed in my bedroom taking up one of my power outlets removed they had to transfer me 3 times just to get it removed and instructions to ship it off. 1 Hour simple task average Comcast call 15 Mins total
Hates Mondays since 1990 till the day I die.

Scavengeriot
Pit Worm

Postby Letter3 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Let me put it this way. I hate all telecom companies equally. They have all in 1 way or another pissed me the fuck off:
At&t
Embarq
Sprint
Century Link
Comcast
Insight
Time Warner
Verizon (probably the only one I wouldn't classify as hate, maybe dislike)

No offense Slurms.

Letter3
The G-Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Model Home