[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - Comcast rules?!?!?
 Login

Comcast rules?!?!?

General Public Topics

Moderators: Bodknocks, DeadDisco

• Author
Re: Comcast rules?!?!?

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Wed May 19, 2010 8:56 pm

As long as you don't knock their physical phone lines, were cool
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Don't think this deserves it's own thread, and this is close enough to the topic.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... ingers.ars

Guess, I will keep TWC as my ISP.

ADDED: related article
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... -users.ars

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Pump Jockey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Screw Comcast!

Comcast sucks!

I think they're purposely sabotaging my game playing by resetting my cable modem every time I try to play.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Spectre » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 pm

After five years I've died, and became an annoying cloud. Yep, that was worth it.
Spectre
Chell

Postby mmreinha » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I prefer IU when it comes to gaming.
:)
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Postby Letter3 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Pump Jockey » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 pm

Here's a little conversation between Stafe and I in a chat session about intermittent internet and the modem the key issue.

This chat took about an hour and before I did this I was talking to Diana for about 40 minutes.

chat id :
Problem : Internet keeps going out.
Aaron > Internet keeps going out.
Stafe > Hello Aaron_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Stafe. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Stafe > My pleasure to have you on this chat, Aaron! I hope you are well. I always remain committed and focused to provide you quality customer service at my fullest effort.
Aaron_ > thank you
Stafe > I understand that you are having problems with your internet connection.
Stafe > I apologize for the inconvenience your internet connection has brought you.
Stafe > Don't you worry, as your Comcast service representative, I want you to know that issue resolution and your satisfaction are my top priorities for today.
Stafe > Inorder for me to assist you with your concern, please provide me the following information:
1. Account holder's name
2. Phone number starting with the area code
3. Service address with zip code
4. Last four of the SSN
Aaron_ > well i was just in here speaking to diana and she reset my modem and it didn't come back for 20 min well i was tired of waiting and went out for a smoke. came back and the internet was back and she had left chat
Stafe > I see, Aaron.
Stafe > I am sorry for that.
Aaron_ > but i bet you still need my info
Stafe > That is because the system automatically closes after few minutes.
Stafe > Yes, Aaron.
Stafe > Please do.
Aaron_ > i don't have the ssn
Stafe > That is fine, Aaron.
Stafe > Can I have the information?
Aaron_ > you there?
Aaron_ > it didn't send?
Stafe > It did not, Aaron.
Aaron_ > <name> <address> <account number>
Stafe > Thank you very much for verifying your account information, Aaron.
Stafe > Please give me 2-3 minutes to check on your account.
Stafe > Aaron, I am not able to get the account.
Stafe > Can I have the phone number?
Aaron_ > what is going on here. i gave teh same information to diana and she found it
Stafe > Okay.
Stafe > Please give me 2 more minutes.
Aaron_ > <name> <address> <account number>
Aaron_ > <address>.
Stafe > Now I found it.
Stafe > The account number is <different account number>
Aaron_ > I don't know if you have the right account
Stafe > <name>
Stafe > <address>
Stafe > Is that correct?
Aaron_ > I was just in my account and the number it said was what i gave you.
Aaron_ > can account numbers change?
Stafe > Can you please verify what services you have, Aaron?
Aaron_ > internet and tv
Stafe > That is correct.
Stafe > Can I have the serial number and model of your modem?
Stafe > Is it Motorola SB5120?
Aaron_ > Hang on I'll have to go check its in the other room
Stafe > Sure, Aaron.
Stafe > Thank you.
Aaron_ > yes its a
Stafe > I have the right account then.
Stafe > We are now good to troubleshoot.
Stafe > I have run a health check and the modem shows to be fine.
Aaron_ > wait a sec. why do we have differing account numbers?
Stafe > It has the green status as proof for that.
Aaron_ > I have the blue sheet with the information in front of me with that number
Stafe > Aaron, the account number changed due to the transfer of service address.
Aaron_ > ok. that makes sense sort of. but anyway. it's not about the modem not working. it's about the modem working more intermittently
Stafe > Yes, Aaron.
Stafe > I do understand that.
Aaron_ > like when i want to watch a movie or play a game online i'll get in for 5 maybe 10 minutes and then poof no internet
Stafe > To troubleshoot this you will need eliminate the possible causes, first, you will need to clear your cache and cookies and internet files, and then do the speed test. Can you do that and tell me the results please?
Aaron_ > sure. one sec
Stafe > Thank you.
Stafe > How is it, Aaron?
Aaron_ > super slow
Aaron_ > http://www.speedtest.net/result/1012155723.png
Stafe > Please try http://portland.speedtest.comcast.net/s ... index.html
Stafe > Thank you.
Aaron_ > ok two secs
Stafe > No problem, Aaron.
Aaron_ > this is looking even worse
Stafe > Okay.
Stafe > Aaron, are you using a router?
Aaron_ > http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/re ... 051482.png
Aaron_ > yes
Stafe > Where did you get the router?
Aaron_ > best buy a couple months ago
Stafe > I see.
Stafe > Will you be able to bypass the router?
Aaron_ > ya i can. give me a few
Stafe > Sure.
Stafe > Please be back in not more than 3 minutes.
Aaron_ > well thats a no go. It says unidentified network
Aaron_ > it wouldn't do anything
Stafe > Oh okay.
Stafe > I understand that you still want to use your router, but if it's the same slow speed, you have to bypass the router and make sure that you power cycle the modem. (Plug it off and plug it in after 30 seconds), then restart your computer and test the connection again. And if it still the same, you have to make sure that you are connected to the modem directly and call us so we can make a schedule for the Internet technician, But if the connection is good, then the problem is clearly with the router. If that is the case, all you need to do is call your router manufacturer and have them upgrade the firmware of your router so you can use it again without problems. Also, since you have subscribed to our high speed internet and if you are renting the modem you are eligible to have the free wireless router.
Aaron_ > ok. I think the speed was a fluke. after i cleared my internet history my whole computer started running slow. let me try it again.
Stafe > Alright, Aaron.
Aaron_ > http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/re ... 051882.png
Aaron_ > its better but i don't understand
Aaron_ > Stafe?
Stafe > Yes, Aaron.
Stafe > Did you read about the router?
Aaron_ > it's not the router. when the internet goes out the modem goes solid. like nothing is happening.

...and then nothing.

I hate you comcast and you Stafe pompous SOB.
The pills just give me unbelievable cotton mouth.
Pump Jockey
Gargantua

Postby Letter3 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:15 pm

What an idiot and a waste of time.

Don't you just love telecom companies? And to think we let them have monopolies. tsk tsk

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Slurms Mckenzie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

my comcast modem went out on me yesterday during a game. I was so pissed that I pounded my fist down on it, and it magically started working. And......it went out today too. I guess I'm going to have to call somebody again and explain to them that hitting a modem really hard shouldn't be the best solution. I am totally with you on the amount of comcasts suckage.
I'm looking for the best american beef. Give me fifty burgers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdC2GtvgRA
Slurms Mckenzie
Smoker

Postby Letter3 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Just glad I have good modem; seems to be root of all evil for internet.

BTW, I still have the one from B-town if anyone wants it. I remember it being a good modem.

Letter3
The G-Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Model Home