[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - L4D and TF2 Tweeks
 Login
  • Author
L4D and TF2 Tweeks

Postby mmreinha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:12 am

Anyone have some console or launch option tweeks that they know work? I have a crappy Dell Laptop I got for free and am trying to run L4D and TF2. It barely meets the requirements on L4D and doesn't cut it for TF2. I max out at 8 fps on L4D and when ever I shoot it drops down to 2 fps. This link provides some helpful tips, but I'm really shooting for 15-20 fps. When I tried TF2 I was able to get 1 fps! I know I need to upgrade to a better computer and that's what the buy/sell thread is for. This is temporary. Thanks for any help.
Marshall
Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets.
mmreinha
Bullsquid

Re: L4D and TF2 Tweeks

Postby Bodknocks » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:00 pm

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/400075/
http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/404445/
http://tf2scout.blogspot.com/2009/07/hi ... r-tf2.html

Those are some good guides for video card help when it comes to FPS and stuff. Here are some launch options that might help:

-dxlevel 81 or -dxlevel 80

If you can be more specific with your system requirements and stuff I can try and find more links to help. Basically though you're going to want to run TF2 in DX8 to help with FPS, if you're not already. The rest is just a matter of tweaking whatever card you have and putting all the settings on very low.

Bodknocks
Barney Calhoun

Return to Help