[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Arrested Development Clan • View topic - AD media site
 Login
  • Author
AD media site

Postby Letter3 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:07 pm

I would like to go ahead and introduce a new project I have been working on for the AD site. It's a place to upload videos as well as post links for videos to other sites. While it's similar to our Tantamount Forum, it would be a place that supported more videos as well as more options for viewing and sorting.

The main restriction for the site is that you must be logged into the AD forums to access it. I wanted to keep it as a place where only site users could see the videos. There is a script that will register you and log you in the first time you visit the site. I will post the link to the front page soon, but I would like to do some more testing first.

You do not have to Upload videos to add them to the site. You can add links from many video sites such as Youtube, DailyMotion, Google, Yahoo and a slew of others and the video will be added automatically.

You are welcome to change your password/other info once you enter the site for security, but the link below will always log you in if you are logged into the AD Forums. It took some time to create the script, but I think it's the best way to keep both sites separate, yet easy to use.

The upload limit is still in testing stages, while it does say you can upload a Gig, you must do it in 1 hour and 22 mins (not sure who has that kind of upload), but it may or may not work depending on server load at the time.

Please post any issues you have or suggestions below. I plan on making all Clan Admins, Media Site admins as they register (ie visit the first time).

http://www.arresteddevelopmentclan.com/video.php

"Other Thoughts: THERE ARE SO GOOD A GOT TWO"
Letter3
The G-Man

Re: AD media site

Postby Letter3 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:26 am

I probably should have mentioned that site came with a default set of videos; somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,200. If the links are dead or the video has embedding disabled, go ahead and Flag it or just delete it if you're an admin. If you Flag it, then I will watch for those and remove them.

I am giving admins access to the admin panel, please only use it for necessary changes. Please do not change system settings. Feel free to add categories, videos, articles, censorship words, pages, comments or approve your own videos.

If you feel a setting should be changed please run it by me, so that I can make sure it won't break any code that I created. I had to custom code some of this site despite it being pre-made to work with PHPBB.

Good Luck, have fun.

Hungry pointed out my first bug, people with spaces in their name were unable to register. It's fixed now.

What's next:

*Ability to FTP files to the site without having to wait on a browser to upload them.
*Firefox add-on to 1-click add videos when you are on a video website such as Youtube
*Upload Pictures and get rid of the Pictures site

Also taking ideas; let me know as you use it

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby rekon » Mon May 31, 2010 2:11 am

I don't understand how to upload youtube videos. Can you only suggest them?
^^ and that's the bottom line.

rekon
Corporal Adrian Shephard

Postby Letter3 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:26 am

Letter3
The G-Man

Postby Letter3 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:11 pm

I simplified the portal page for the video site. If you are already logged into AD, then it will just pass you right into the Media Site without having to click the button. If an error occurs or if you aren't logged in, then you will see the page.

It is not fully tested, so please let me know how it goes for you. I had to add something to remove the '.' from people's user names since the Media Site doesn't allow those in names.

Also, the stats won't work until you visit the media site at least once since the feature was added.

I also opened up the Media Site to all members of the AD forums since I don't see any reason to limit it.

Letter3
The G-Man

Return to News/Feedback